The Korean auto giant Hyundai entered the most competitive segment of compact SUVs with Creta. The Creta made it to the headlines when it was finally launched in July last year after a long wait.
All about the SUV
Measuring 4270 mm in length, 1780 mm in width and 1630 mm in height, the Creta carries a wheelbase of 2590 mm and a healthy 190 mm ground clearance. Although the Creta is a compact SUV, its wheelbase promises a decently spacious cabin with good headroom and knee space. The black leather seats are comfortable and come with integrated headrests and the quality of the materials used is fairly decent to the segment standards. Creta has luggage carrying capacity of 402 litres. Hyundai Creta is offered a choice of three engines – 1.6 Gamma Dual VTVT, 1.6 U2 CRDi VGT, and 1.4 U2 CRDi. Its transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6speed automatic gearbox. All the engines are refined and the gear shifts are quite smooth. The mileage offered is also decent at 17-19 kmpl for the diesel ones and 15-21 kmpl for the petrol ones. Also Check About Hyundai Cars, Prices, Reviews, Images, Models Visit at Autoportal.com
Sales and market share
Before the launch itself, the model began its conquest by getting over 10000 pre-booking orders. And just 6 months down the line, the sales figures have crossed 70000 units and very soon it will touch the one lakh mark. Creta is still comfortably selling around 7500 units per month on average. The whole compact SUV segment saw a growth of 17 per cent in its sales and much of it could be attributed to Creta. Hyundai Motor India’s sales volume was up by 23 per cent and this was again driven by the new SUV. Not only has it topped the SUV rankings, but Creta has also emerged as a strong competitor to other SUV kings like Mahindra, Renault and Ford. Learn more about the latest models of automobiles on this dedicated website: https://www.thetwincoach.com/.
Some of the factors that favour the Creta are given below –
- Creta came in at a time when the market was already seeing a rising demand for compact SUVs.
- Hyundai has spent a whopping Rs 1000 crores on the designing and assembly of the Creta and the result had to be positive.
- Creta is packed with features that are sure to fulfil all the requirements of a trendy young population.
- Another reason that makes Creta stand over its rivals is its automatic diesel engine, which is the very first and also the only one in its segment.
- The Creta is the first in class to offer 3 years unlimited kilometres warranty and 2 years of optional extended warranty.
- The Creta is priced in a range of Rs 8.6 to 13.60 lakhs.